Increase and strengthen rigging and load handling safety skills
Rigger training is intended to provide a solid knowledge base for new and experienced riggers. Delivered by experienced industry professionals, our program combines slides, videos, demonstration and hands-on experience to best serve the learning styles of different riggers and supervisors.
- Learn to determine the correct slings and rigging equipment to safely perform load handling operations
- Gain significant and useful rigging knowledge
- Return to work with a broader understanding and appreciation of the requirements and responsibilities of riggers and rigging supervisors
- Written and practical exams provide permanent documentation of training
Class topics include:
- Crane Accidents, Effect on Riggers
- Rigging Accidents – Causes and Prevention
- Applicable OSHA & ASME Regulations and Standards
- Documentation Requirements
- Slings and Rigging Hardware Identification & Selection
- Slings and Rigging Hardware Inspection
- Basic Math Applications in Rigging
- Load Weight Calculations
- Crane Dynamics
- Sling Angle Stress
- Hitch Selection and Application
- Crane & Work Area Set-up
- Sling Hitches & Rated Loads
- Load Weight Estimation
- Center of Gravity (CG)
This course is often combined with our Qualified Signalperson training as the rigger on a job may also be the signalperson. We tailor this or any course we offer to meet your specific safety goals.
For more information on Becket Training & Consulting Rigging Training available in Mexico through Cargo-Lift please contact them directly.