Sharpen load-handling safety skills
Rigger and signalperson training is intended to provide a solid knowledge base for new and experienced riggers. Delivered by experienced industry professionals, our program combines slides, videos, demonstration and hands-on experience to best serve the learning styles of all students.
We can tailor this or any course we offer to meet your specific safety goals.
- Learn to determine the correct slings and rigging equipment to safely perform load handling operations
- Gain significant and useful knowledge of rigging and proper crane signals
- Return to work with a broader understanding and appreciation of the requirements and responsibilities of rigging and crane signaling
- Written and practical exams provide permanent documentation of training
Class topics include:
- Crane Accidents, Effect on Riggers
- Rigging Accidents – Causes and Prevention
- Applicable OSHA & ASME Regulations and Standards
- Documentation Requirements
- Slings and Rigging Hardware Identification & Selection
- Slings and Rigging Gear Inspection
- Basic Math Applications in Rigging
- Load Weight Calculations
- Crane Dynamics
- Sling Angle Stress
- Hitch Selection and Application
- Crane & Work Area Set-up
- Sling Hitches & Rated Loads
- Load Weight Estimation
- Center of Gravity (CG)
- Crane hand signals
- Crane voice signals
- Audible signals
- New signals
Find out how our extensive crane & rigging experience can work for you.
Introduction to Rigging Training Course
Becket Training & Consulting’s Introduction to Rigging Training now available in Mexico, Central and South America through CARGO LIFT. This training is intended to provide a solid knowledge base for new and experienced riggers.
Becket provides solutions – using skills and techniques to effectively train, prepare and test your employees in load handling safety and operations.